the package insert of the medicine Reduclim. Therapeutic class of Steroid. Active principles Tibolone.
Treatment of complaints resulting from natural menopause or surgical.
When should I not use?
• Confirmed or suspected cases of tumors estrogen-dependent;
• Cardiovascular disorders or cerebrovascular as tromboflebites, processes, thromboembolic, or a past history of these conditions;
• Liver disorders severe;
• Vaginal bleeding not diagnosed.
How to use?
Take 1 tablet daily, preferably always at the same time.• More favourable results are obtained when the treatment has a duration of at least 3 months.
What are the evils that can cause me?
• The incidence of adverse reactions with the use of tibolone is very low.
• Occasionally there may be observed the following reactions: change in body weight, dizziness,dermatitis seborrheic vaginal bleeding, the appearance for the first time of headaches tipoenxaqueca, or headaches with frequency and intensity is not the usual change in parameters of liver function, increase in facial hair, discomfort, gastrointestinal, and edema pre – tibial, disorders of vision or hearing, swelling or pain is not usual in the chest, onset of jaundice, hepatitis, significant increase in blood pressure and increased of attacks, epileptic.
Warnings and Precautions
what should I know before using?
• Before you start a new treatment perform a clinical examination and gynecological examination.
• tibolone use during the pre – menopause, in women with regular cycles, will require the attention of the patient to the possibility of changes in the regularity of the cycles due to the possible inhibition of ovulation.
in Addition, tibolone has been shown to be teratogênica, therefore, the risk of pregnancy should be removed.
• tibolone should not be used as an oral contraceptive.
• periodic medical Examinations are recommended during prolonged treatment with steroids that exhibit hormonal activity.
• Dosage larger than recommended may induce bleeding vaginal. When high doses are required, we recommend the additional administration of progestogens at regular intervals, for example, for 10 days every 3 months of treatment.
• The treatment should be discontinued in occurrence of signs of processes thromboembolic, abnormal results for liver function tests, or upon the occurrence of cholestatic jaundice.
• Patients with any of the following conditions should be monitored: renal Dysfunction, epilepsy, migraine or a past history of these conditions, at the time the use of steroids with hormonal activity may occasionally induce fluid retention;
Hypercholesterolemia, a time that changes were observed in lipid profile during treatment with tibolone;
Disorders in the metabolism of carbohydrates, once treatment with tibolone may decrease glucose tolerance and increase the need of agents hypoglycaemic.
what to do if someone use a larger amount than is recommended?
The possibility of an acute toxicity due to overdosage of tibolone is unlikely. In this situation can possibly occur only disorders gastrointestinal. The treatment is symptomatic.