the package insert of the medicine Choragon 5000. Active principles chorionic gonadotropin.
– ovulation Induction after stimulation of follicular growth.
In man and in the child:
– hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism (a deficiency in the development and/or gonadal function due to inadequate secretion of gonadotropins hipofisárias);
– delayed Puberty associated with insufficient function gonadotrófica pituitary;
– Cryptorchidism (lack of descent of one or both testicles), without the source of anatomical obstruction;
– Infertility in certain cases of impairment of spermatogenesis.
When should I not use?
This medicine should not be used if the answer to any of the following questions is “YES”:
– You have allergy to the components of the formula?
– You have a tumor in the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus?
– You have an increase of the ovaries or cysts not caused by polycystic ovarian?
– You are having vaginal bleeding of unknown cause?
– You have cancer in the ovaries, uterus or breasts?
– You had an extrauterine pregnancy within the last 3 months?
– You suffer from disorders thromboembolic (closure of blood vessels resulting from the passage of blood clots)?
– have You ever had ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome?
– (In men) You have a history or suspicion of tumors in the androgen-dependent (dependent on the sex hormones), such as carcinoma prostatic or mammary carcinoma?
– (In boys) The descent of the testis may not occur for factors in obstructive, for example, inguinal hernia, surgery in the inguinal region (the virília), testis ectopic (the testicle out of the usual route to the scrotum, getting stuck out of it). Choragon
it should not be administered in cases in which the result of the treatment probably will not be favorable, that is, in the following cases:
– Deficiency primary ovarian;
– Poor-training of the sexual organs incompatible with pregnancy;
– Tumors fibroid of the uterus being incompatible with pregnancy;
– Women in post-menopause.
How to use?
The dosage to be employed will always depend on the age and weight of the patient, according to medical prescription. In a general way may be recommended to the following schemes posológicos:
In the woman:
The treatment with Choragon 5000 must be conducted under the supervision of a doctor with experience in the area of fertility. Ovulation induction after stimulation of follicular growth: usually 1 or 2 ampoules corresponding to the 5,000-to 10,000 U. I. should be administered 24 to 48 hours after the last administration of menotropin (for example Menogon or Menopur ), when it is reached the adequate stimulation of follicular growth. May be administered injections of 5,000 U. I. (maximum 3 injections) during the 9 days following the initial treatment to prevent insufficiency of the corpus luteum.
What are the evils that can cause me?
– Hyperstimulation of the ovaries after the combined application of Choragon 5000 and clomiphene. Which may lead to the formation of ovarian cysts that tend to rupture, ascites (water nabarriga), hydrothorax (water in the lungs), and thromboembolism (obstruction of blood vessels by blood clots). These side effects may be increased in the case of pregnancy.
– Gynecomastia (excessive development of the mammary glands of the male) temporary or for a long period of time, due the release of estrogen and/or changes proliferating in the prostate.
– Acnes vulgaris (pimples) and also retaining the hydro-electrolytic due to the stimulation of the secretion of testosterone.
– the Increase in the size of the penis, and erections due to the increased secretion of testosterone caused by the induction, can occur change in the prostate.
– may Occasionally occur in children, mild emotional changes, similar to the changes that occur at the onset of puberty, being limited to the treatment period.
– allergic Reactions including edema and skin allergy have been reported sporadically.
– Fatigue and fever may occasionally occur after administration of Choragon.
Warnings and Precautions
what should I know before using?
The treatment of patients with HCG leads to increased production of androgens (male sex hormones, especially testosterone), and fluid retention.
– Patients with heart failure, latent, and renal dysfunction is suspected or manifested, hypertension (increased blood pressure), epilepsy or migraine (or a history of these conditions) should be accompanied by, a time that Choragon 5000 may cause the worsening or recurrence of these symptoms.
– HCG should be used cautiously in the boys and pre-pubescent to avoid welding and premature epiphysis or sexual development early.
Patients with factors known risk for thromboembolic events, such as personal history or family, severe obesity (Body Mass Index greater than 30 Kg/m 2 ) or thrombophilia (tendency to blood clots in the blood) may have an increased risk of thromboembolic events arterial or venous, during the treatment with the gonadotropins. For these patients should weigh the risk-benefit ratio of the administration of the gonadotropin. However, it should be noted that pregnancy itself has an increased risk of thromboembolic events.
Before starting treatment, one should evaluate the reason for the infertility and the possible contraindications for a pregnancy. The patients should be evaluated case suffer from hypothyroidism (decreased functioning of the thyroid), deficiency adrenocortical, and hyperprolactinemia (excessive production of the hormone prolactin, which is responsible for milk production) and tumors of the pituitary and the hypothalamus, and proper treatment should be performed. The treatment of infertility anovulatória with concomitant use of menotropin can promote excessive increase of the levels estrogenic. In these cases, the HCG should not
be administered, as there are risks to inducing ovulation multiple or to produce the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Choragon 5000 has no effect on the ability to drive vehicles and operate machinery.
Pregnancy and Lactation
There is no indication for the use of Choragon 5000 during normal pregnancy and lactation. There are no data on the excretion of Choragon in the milk.
what to do if someone use a larger amount than is recommended?
In the case of the patient to take a higher dose than recommended by your doctor, contact the doctor as soon as possible. The symptoms of overdose are the same as those of adverse reactions.