Goiter, also known as mumps or chat, is the name that characterizes the increase of the thyroid, an important gland of our body. The abnormal development and gradual gland can even cause it to become visible (in the frontal region of the neck). In addition, the goiter can also arise with a single or multiple nodules (nodular goiter, in this case) is not noticeable to the naked eye. The disease only manifests itself in the female audience between the ages of 20 and 40 years old, however, may also appear from birth (illness known as goiter congenital).
• the Main causes of goiter
The goiter may be caused by the following reasons:
– In people diagnosed with autoimmune diseases, since these directly interfere with production of thyroid hormones. Some examples are: Graves ‘ disease (hyperthyroidism) and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (hypothyroidism);
– Lack of iodine in your diet – which is common mainly in some regions of the map where this element (present in fish) is found with difficulty;
– the Proliferation of “hair” in the region where is located the gland, characterizing the colloid goiter;
– Tumors – whether benign or malignant;
– Use of certain medicines;
– Infections in general can also end up resulting in the emergence of this disease, once that influence (and usually desregulam) the production of thyroid hormones.
• the Main symptoms of goiter
Usually the goiter is only noticed when the individual perceives a certain ‘strain’ in the region of the neck, marked by small or medium-sized protrusions.
These protrusions (also known as lumps) make the mass of the neck is deformed. And it is in this sense that even the region of the trachea is impaired, given that it begins to face difficulties to work perfectly.
thus, the emergence of the goiter is directly reflected in the difficulty that the individual will have to swallow and to breathe. In addition, hoarseness, cough, frequent and irritativa and dilation unusual in the veins of the neck region are also among the main symptoms of goiter.
it is also worth noting that the symptoms stroll based on the amount of hormones that it continues to be produced by the gland thyroid. If the production is excessive, the individual is characterized with hyperthyroidism. On the other hand, the production of null (or very low) of hormones can result in hypothyroidism.
In the first case, the most frequent symptoms are: difficulty sleeping, tachycardia (accelerated heartbeat), sweating in excess, and eyes always wide open.
Already in the case of hypothyroidism, the most common symptoms are: apathy, sleepiness, constant tiredness and fatigue, slow pulse, and gut stuck.
• How is the treatment performed?
The treatment of goitre has as main purpose the correction of the cause of the illness. The problem of the aesthetic is easily corrected through medication (which compensates for the deficiency in the organism of the iodine, and regularizes the production (increased or decreased) of thyroid hormones.
To remove the gland (partial or fully) a person with goiter should undergo a surgical procedure is generally only indicated when the bad production of the gland generates complications – how to swallow or to breathe, for example. Nodules that indicate a possibility of becoming malignant also need to be removed.
the REMEDY OF the EARTH
Who we Are •
Contact Us •
Attention: the remedy of The earth is a space character only, with issues related to health and well-being, The information here disclosed shall not be used as a substitute for a doctor’s prescription for the treatment of any disease.